Monday, January 26, 2009

welcome

yo

so

welcome to my copenhagen blog

i wasn't sure whether i should do a blog for this trip.... i wasn't going too.... for some reason this whole thing feels less like a "trip" and more like a simple shift in location ... mind you, as i sit here on the floor, looking at the huge whak of crap that i've scattered around the living room in my attempt to pack, "simple" might not be the best word.

but alas.
it's tradition. the blog and the ridiculously last-minute packing fiasco.

so this is my copenhagen blog. and this is me still procrastinating on the packing thing.

i'm not sure what i will talk about on this blog. hopefully i'll have lots of crazy things to tell you. it is entirely possible that danishland is a crazy place. we're just gonna have to wait and see, i think. i really have absolutely no idea what to expect. if this blog sucks, we can all blame anna and danner. they pressured me into doing one.

for this first post, i had big plans to shamelessly rip off taryn's pre-peru blog post idea, and write out my goals for this trip. but then i realized that i don't actually have any GOALS, per-say. well, one:

i can't speak any danish. and when i try to, i sound like i've just had dental surgery. i would like to learn some danish. or at least how to fake it.

... but other than that... i have no plans, no focus, no notions of how i want the next few months to play out. it's kind of nice. i feel very... what is a word that is the opposite of "tied-down" (but that is less emo than "free"? i am trying to stay away from emo, remember)? un-burdened? i just feel like i'm gonna go to denmark, and what happens, happens. well ok that's not totally true....

i want to pass my classes
and have a good time
and go to legoland.
ok so three goals: learn some danish. go to legoland. pass my classes.

probably that's enough. don't want to get over ambitious and just stress myself out.

speaking of stressful -

my name on my plane ticket is spelled wrong. hello, my name is alison aHSbury. definitely not the name on my passport. definitely the travel agent dude got me to check over the spelling on my ticket TWICE before he printed it. definitely i didn't notice at all.

so, i guess, goal number four: be allowed to get onto the plane that is taking me to copenhagen. potentially the most difficult of all of the goals.

anyways
i really don't have much to say right now,
now that we've discussed my huge giant list of goals

i hope that you come back to visit this blog often. and comment, if you should feel so inclined. i always read the comments. i like the comments.

i'll let you know how the whole getting-on-the-plane deal goes down. wish me luck.

peace and happiness and rainbows,
-a ahsbury

6 comments:

  1. don't forget puppies and bubbles

    ReplyDelete
  2. sunshine and daises are good too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. jeez alie! legoland should always be at the top of the list!
    even if the list is "in no particular order."

    and i am so happy you started a blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am happy that you started this blog as well...I'm glad you got pressured into doing it. I hope that your trip starts out well!! We all miss you in the house...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok .. so i think the sign means "don't be a dumb ass and stick your head through the bars because you might not be able to pull it back out" ... except more eloquent, and Danish.

    ReplyDelete